Source: Doug Kessler January 28, 2013
You’ve probably noticed that there’s an awful lot more content out there this year than there was last year. Project similar growth in the next year or two, and you’re looking at an Atlantic-and-a-half of new content, all begging for you customers’ attention.
On the one hand, it’s a good sign: It shows that marketers are getting hip to the power of content. On the other hand, if you’re a marketer, it’s also a warning sign.
With that in mind, we created a new rant on SlideShare called “Crap. The Content Marketing Deluge.” It’s a plea to all marketers to start focusing on one thing: creating a Great Content Brand that’s strong enough to survive the coming deluge.
A Great Content Brand is the only thing that will protect you from the erosion of engagement that the vast majority of content marketers are about to experience.
So it’s important… maybe the most important thing you can put your time, energy, and budget into.
- Quality Content Is An Investment. Do Us All A Favor, And Invest Wisely. (adpulp.com)
- Why Marketers Need to Rise Above the Deluge of Crappy Content (rpmgr.com)
- 10 SlideShare Strategies that Will Boost Your Content’s Value (contentmarketinginstitute.com)
- 4 Reasons Why Content Marketing is Scaring the Pants Off Media Companies (contentmarketinginstitute.com)
- Content marketing gone terribly wrong (m-cause.com)
- Effective Content Marketing: 5 Habits that Help You Stand Apart (contentmarketinginstitute.com)
- An Emerging PR Trend: Content PR Strategy & Tactics (prnewswire.com)
Tagged: Atlantic, Atlantic Ocean, Content marketing, Crap, Great Comet, Great Content Brand, internet marketing, Marketing, online positioning, real estate marketing, realty marketing, reputation management, SlideShare